what is microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion, often referred to as "microderm", or "micro" in (some) spa as a slag, is a cosmetic procedure popular in day spas, doctors’ practices, medical spas, and salons. The most popular and effective method for microdermabrasion uses aluminum oxide crystals, although the procedure can also be done with sodium bicarbonate crystals. The dead, outermost surface of the skin is partially or completely removed by light abrasion to reveal glowing, younger-looking skin below with a microdermabrasion treatment.
During the microdermabrasion treatment the stainless steel hand piece on the microdermabrasion devices sends a gentle stream of crystals toward the skin only upon contact with the skin, once the crystals contacted the skin the machine vacuums off the dead skin cells and excess particles and deposit into the special design waste bag so our treatment rooms stay clean and hygienic!
It is also known as the “lunchtime facial”, microdermabrasion is not painful and requires no anesthetic; additionally, its only post-procedure side effect is a pinkish skin tone which usually disappears within a few minutes or hours depending on the degree of abrasion that took place.
Microdermabrasion is commonly performed in conjunction with facial, making the result even more amazing due to the skin is very receptive to professional grade skincare treatment products after a microdermabrasion treatment. It is highly recommended to add on a facial for an even better result!
what are the key conditions that microdermabrasion can treat?
Microdermabrasion can be an excellent solution for a wide range of skin conditions, including:
• Fine lines
• Sun-damaged skin
• Acne and acne scars
• Scar remediation
• Excess oils
• Blackheads and whiteheads
• Enlarged pores
• Superficial age spots
What do I need to avoid or do after a Microdermabrasion treatment?
1. Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning bed
2. Wear sunscreen (recommend physical sunscreen vs. chemical sunscreen)
3. Moisturize, moisturize! A healthy skin starts with well balanced in moisture and nutrients
4. Stay away from liquid makeup or any wax ingredient, even in some powder makeup
5. No rentinol or similar products for at least 3-4 days
6. Keep skin clean, clean towels, pillowcase and linens, avoid a habit of pressing hands on face, etc... cellphone can be very dirty
7. Don't cheat! Religiously use recommended products only